Tuesday, December 8


The first guy that greeted us when we arrived in Livingstone wanted to be our "new best friend" and of course was a hustler who ended up asking for money. We didn't give him any. Another man across the park area was giving us the hand signal to not give him any. That bothered Spencer and he thought of the people there as idle and dishonest. I thought of them as full of laughter and fun. We agreed to disagree. But I enjoyed it more with my attitude. =) I loved the elaborate braid work on some of the women waiting for the launcha with us. We rode across the bay to Puerto Barrios and all of the passengers laughed and kidded and joked the entire way. Of course I could only understand words now and then. But I'm not gonna try to learn their language.

No comments: