Sunday, February 2

Feb. 2, 2014 Spencer's report: At the end of our second week we still are excited to be here and even love each other. That's a good sign, don't you think? This week I spent most of my time at the front desk checking recommends for adults and youth (for baptisms). By the way, many youth, from here in the city, come to do baptisms on a regular basis. It is where they come to be with their friends once a week. That is good. But we have heard that a very few boys have sort of lost sight of the sacredness of the work. There could be less wholesome places in the city. The day to day working of the temple can't be talked about, so we have to make comments about what goes on outside. I will say that the participantes(patrons in English) who come thru the door are warm and friendly to talk to and the women often want a cheek to cheek embrace. I loved the fast and testimony meeting today at our ward. The ward is full of seasoned, knowledgeable members of the church. They fill a row up on the stand waiting their turn. Testimonies are timely and don't contain any fluff. Observing this teaches the new converts. That's really refreshing after experiencing what goes on in the states. One of the fun things I do is to go down into the city to make purchases. It's a good workout both down and up the hill (carrying heavy bags). It's an adventure to see where and what you encounter. However, now my shopping will decrease because we are pretty will set up. By the way, as it stands now our shifts are in the afternoon, so you can contact us better in the mornings. I love you all--even you Tenney's and Dike's. Believe me! Spencer/Dad PS By the way, the president's wife, Hermana Perez, told me what I had already observed. Jeanine has memorized all of the ordinances in Spanish and is leading out in all aspects of the sister ordinance workers (obreras). That's remarkable because previously she has felt so restricted in much of our missionary work. I am truly impressed. This picture is taken right out our front door so you can see how close the temple literally is--the width of a two lane street and the grounds start. It is so well maintained. The crew even washes the wrought iron fence around the grounds.

No comments: