Tuesday, February 20

Feb. 20, 2018 -- Two days late for my weekly review

Dear Ones,

What an emotional week.  I am replenished and depleted--by exactly the same events.  I flew to AZ last Thursday. Chad picked me up at the airport and took me to borrow Adam's car.  I was able to see Adam's kids -- the boys only briefly and a good visit with Elyott.  Being with them touches my heart.

Thursday evening Amy hosted a Brown family get together at her house.  I loved seeing lots of kids and grandkids.  The Mexican food was What a good looking group to hang out with.

Friday I drove to Prescott where I had to take care of taxes and get the oil changed in Spencer's truck for him.  The Schneiders went out of town so that it didn't get too crazy at the house.  We had the toy room with the double bunk beds, the family room floor and my bed.  Chad brought air mattresses and Nathan and Chad brought sleeping bags, so the sleeping arrangements worked out just fine.  We had some great times--and I didn't even think of taking pictures.

Saturday was the big day to celebrate Linda's wonderful life.  The viewing and funeral were at the Stake Center.  The burial was at the cemetery by our house and the family meal was back at the Ruth Street Building. Five of my six kids were there on Saturday.  There were 23 of Mom and Dad's 38 surviving grandchildren there.  All eight of our siblings were there.  We also had lots of cousins and friends. 
 Aunt Marilyn with Ann Marie and Rachel

Candi and Nathan--such good friends growing up together on our mountain--cousins forever!
 Chad with Tad--what memories!


Everyone immediately recognized Sarah as Janae's daughter!
 The eight siblings at the Ramada dedicated to Mom and Dad.  We are standing in order of birth:
John, Diane, Carl, Jeanine, Harold, Dennis, Merle and Ron.

I feel so blessed to have been a part of this great family!

Below is Judy Naegle, Jeanine, Vicki Jo Anderson and Jayne Lane.  We have aged well!!



Candi, Janae and Amy had many adventures growing up as the only girls in their age groups--surrounded by a bunch of boy cousins.


Judy and I will never tell our secrets--right Jude?!
 Aunt Pearl is truly the matriarch and we were so touched that she could still gird up her loins and join all of the family.  She is the only one of her generation still alive.  And we love being in her presence.


  More cousins I love--Lark Cyr, Kathy Palmer, myself and Vicki Jo.
 Kathy and Carl were widowed within a couple of months of each other.  I guess we have reached that stage of life.
 My mom and dad have 38 surviving grandchildren, after losing Shannon and Nick.
Twenty-three of them were together after the funeral.  There is a lot of love in this group.
 Jeanine, Vicki Jo and Tery.  Fun memories.





Below is a picture of me and five of my wonderful children. 
Order in picture:  Janae, Nathan, me, Adam, Chad, and Rachelle.
Jason sent his regrets for not being there.  We missed him.
I will end this blog post, by just saying that the trip was wonderful.  We had a tail wind on the return trip and I arrived in plenty of time to make it to the Downton Abbey Exhibition. 
 It was so interesting to see the "behind the scenes" stuff.

Not counting the Downton Abbey "staff" below, we had Kem and Pat Nixon, Fusako Miyashiro, me, Kathy Nabors, Ellen Shoenberger, Hazel and SK Tan, Lynn and DeAnna DeBry, and Luann and Delmar Gray.
I'm exhausted and need to go to bed. 
I loved seeing so many family members.  I don't seem to have access to the picture taken of our generation of cousins.  It is probably hiding somewhere in my computer.  But I'm signing off for tonight. 
Love,
Jeanine

No comments: