Sunday, February 25

Feb. 25, 2018

We have completed two months of 2018.  Time has moved right along at a rapid rate.  I guess that means I am busy and having fun!

I have been back in the grove of getting up each morning with the anticipation of serving in the temple.  What a blessing that is in my life.  There have been some very spiritual experiences that I can't really put out there on social media.  But my testimony has been strengthened by those who heard the rejoicing of sisters beyond the veil.

Next week we switch to the evening shift.  We will begin at 3:30 in the afternoon.  There is a new rotation beginning, so we will only be on evenings for one month at this time.  April and May we will be back on the day shift and then in June and July we will be on the evenings.  It is good rotation in that the two "teams" of missionaries will vary and we get to work closely with some of the other team members.  I will enjoy that.

The Lord has strengthened me to complete each shift during the last many weeks.  I had to rely on Him because my "natural" body is always fatigued.  But at least the cold symptoms are gone--even though the chronic sinus infection is still alive and strong.  Changing climates helped finish off the cold.  But the full sinuses make it hard to hear--my ears need to "pop"!  :-)

The weather here has been crazy this week!  On Wednesday it was a sunny 78 degrees! (broke the records)  Thursday it was in the upper 30s!  It has been drizzling the last several days.  I can't predict what season I will be in each morning when I get out of bed.  I open the blinds in the bedroom and look down on the street to see how people are dressed and whether or not they are using umbrellas so that I know how to dress for the day.  That is more reliable than the weather forecast.

I don't have any new pictures this week, since I just sent a ton of them on Tuesday.

I loved seeing the pictures Niki posted on Facebook about the cousins' party that was held at Chad and Ann Marie's home yesterday.  We truly have a remarkable family who love one another unconditionally.  I'm so glad people were able to be together and I would have loved to have been there.

Love,
Jeanine

No comments: